Tilty Vario by Sorg is customised individually to fit your measurements and needs.
- activity wheelchair with tilting-function
- perfect adjustment to the therapeutic demands of each user, from childhood to adulthood
- sizes from 28 – 40 cm seat width
- highly stable rigid frame with 10 cm abduction; also suitable for Pörnbacher therapy methods
- seat-back-unit completely tiltable by up to 25°
- back adjustable in angle (80° – 120°) and completely stowable
- smooth handling with minimal effort
- growable in three dimensions
Thanks to its standard growing function in all three dimensions, the Tilty Vario can adapt to the development of its users in the long run. Without additional parts, it can grow in width up to 4 cm, the seat depth is extendable up to 4 cm due to the seat supporting angle, and the back height can be extended up to 5 cm. This is how Tilty Vario becomes an allrounder with extensive adaptability to individual therapy needs.
Active or passive? Both are possible
The axle plate is made specifically to allow 20 different positions of the driving wheels. This way, the Tilty Vario can be adjusted very precisely to the physical possibilities of the user and can be used for many different therapy forms. Even with the use of a double handrim, the Tilty Vario stays tiltable without restrictions. It is also suitable for therapy, according to Pörnbacher.
Tiltable wheelchair with the possibility of active driving
With the Tilty Vario, we have developed a tiltable wheelchair for children, adolescents and adults with all the features of an active wheelchair. The seat-back unit can be tilted up to 25°. Additionally, the back angle can be adjusted from 80° up to 120° in intervals, where an almost lying position can be achieved. In the Tilty Vario, the more passive users can become active and can thus form independent mobility as far as possible.
With our Tilty Vario, we set ourselves the aim to develop a tiltable wheelchair equipped with all features of an activity wheelchair that is furthermore fully adaptable to the long-term development of its young users. The outcome of this approach is Tilty Vario: a lightweight, growable and highly active tiltable wheelchair for children, teenagers and even adults. Due to a frame concept, Tilty Vario not only features all therapeutic opportunities of a tiltable wheelchair but particularly facilitates the sensory and motional activation of its user and the training of the remaining bodily strength. Of course, Tilty Vario’s radically reduced weight significantly contributes to these features, and the highly flexible wheelbase together with a fixed camber of 7° allows the quick and easy adjustment of all components to the user’s perfect ergonomic position.
Thus all preconditions for active and flexible use of the wheelchair are guaranteed:
- Tilty Vario’s seat unit can grow by up to 4 cm in width and depth; its back is extendable by up to 5 cm.
- The seat position is continuously adjustable to the user’s perfect grip point to facilitate driving the wheelchair significantly.
- The axle plate concept (adjustable up to 10 cm horizontally and 5 cm vertically) supports the user’s balance point’s highly active, adjustable to their individual grade of mobility. The tilting function remains fully active in all possible settings.
- The axle plate concept also allows differentiated and flexible readjustments of the wheelchair settings to potential alterations of the balance point due to the installation of a seat shell or another positioning system.
- Even with drum brakes, the distance between wheelchair and side parts remains tight without being altered, and the ergonomically ideal relation of shoulder and rear-wheel stays intact.
Tilty Vario is equipped with a gas pressure spring to tilt the chairs’ complete seat-back unit by up to 30°; additionally, the back angle is adjustable by up to 40° and completely stowable to facilitate transportation. Thus Tilty Vario is suitable for many different therapeutic measures such as:
- the alteration of the spine’s pressure point
- erecting and stretching the spine
- positioning the pelvic in an upright position
- stimulation of the complete vegetative system
- stimulation of physiological perception
- stimulating the complete muscle tonus
Vario comes with an enormous range of optional components and equipment which allow the exact adaptation of every single wheelchair to the individual demands of each user. Just look at the Measures and Details or at Tilty Vario’s order sheet to see what else is possible.
- seat extension for growable seat depth; seat lock device
- anatomically formed seat and back parts
- different moulded firm back variations
- many different seats- and back-cover fabrics and designs
- different types of leg support, adjustable in height, depth and angle
- spring-loaded leg support
- special and design wheels
- drum brake
- caster equipment and track fixation
- special handrim covers and inlays
- safety wheels with foot control or Transit Safety Wheels
- single-hand aid and double handrim
- crutch holder and tipping lever
- different additional stabilizing options
- therapy table variations