Mio is an activity wheelchair by Sorg especially developed and designed for the tasks of early childhood rehabilitation. Thanks to Mio’s innovative lightweight and compact construction and stylish design, this highly active wheelchair grants maximum mobility and support for its little user’s natural development.
Mio allows fully activating and fulfilling the child’s potential for movement and mobility. All possible forms of consequential damage may thus be avoided in good time. Missing the stimulation of a suitable made-to-measure paediatric wheelchair at an early age could lead to a very restricted development of the child’s autonomous and conscious muscular tonus. Thanks to a combination of upright posture and self-determined mobility, Mio guarantees an effective foundation for the later development of gross and fine motor skills without overstraining its little user.
Due to its optimised lightweight and compact construction, Mio grants smooth and easy handling in therapy and daily life at all times. Anatomically formed seat and back cushions perfectly support the child’s upright posture without restraining their urge to move. And the flexibility of the back unit allows an easy adjustment of the perfect seat position for an energy-saving, active or stable handling. This way, the child’s muscular tonus is trained up playfully and unconsciously while Mio’s little users curiously explore a world that is gradually growing with them.
Mio is a reliable and loyal companion in the challenges of therapy and the adventures of daily life.
- Child active wheelchair for early support (from 12 months old)
- Always individually made for you
- Optimal adaptation to the needs of its users
- Innovative lightweight and compact design for easy handling and maximum stability
- Two frame options: retro or Taurus frame with the greatest possible abduction
- Option to grow in three dimensions (seat width, seat depth, seat height)
- Countless colour, fabric and equipment options
- Back angle adjustable: SCREWED from 80° to 100° (in 5°-Steps) or RASTER from 78° bis 114°
Standard on the Sorg Mio paediatric wheelchair
- Rigid aluminium frame with a v-shaped abduction
- Growable in seat width (2 cm), seat depth (min. 4 cm) and back height (5 cm)
- Frame versions Taurus or retro
- The back angle from 80 – 120° or 78 – 114° is freely adjustable
- Sitting position for active driving easy and steplessly adaptable
- Seat plate aluminium for optimal pelvic support, by request with seat inclination
- Standard wheels, lightweight wheels or profile wheels with built-in hand rims, each with quick-release axles, pneumatic or puncture-proof
- Cable control brake built into wheel cover
- Casters with an aluminium fork in different variants
Options available on the Sorg Mio
- Anatomically formed seat and back units
- Seat and back cushion in many different colours
- The footplate can be adjusted steplessly in height, depth and angle, on request, can fold back.
- Firm curved backplate, back cover and angle adjustable back
- Height and angle adjustable push handle or push bail
- Different positioning aids (headrests and abduction wedge)
- Hundreds of different spoke covers
- Outdoor-Front-End and special tires
- Therapy table and drinking bottle
- Transport bracket system
- Anodized colour package
- Anti-tipper and much more…