Small. Ultralight. Carbon Fibre. Childs Wheelchair.
With the help of the guiding principles of early intervention, the Mio Carbon by Sorg was able to design an aid precisely designed for the earliest age that allows the respective perception and sensitization processes at exactly the right time. That is when the child’s body is naturally adjusted to the developmental steps.
At the age of approx. 12 to 18 months, the foundations for the child’s independent mobility are laid, who normally learn to crawl, stand and walk in this development window. If this “normal” development is not given due to limited physical conditions, an active wheelchair like Mio Carbon can completely update its users’ movement potential and avoid possible consequential damage from a lack of support at an early stage. Because if there is no stimulation of the vestibule or is not supported by a suitable aid, the child’s body can hardly develop autonomous and targeted muscle control. Mio Carbon, on the other hand, thanks to the combination of an upright sitting posture and the greatest possible mobility, guarantees an effective basis for the training of gross and fine motor skills without overwhelming its (still) small users.
Due to its lightweight construction and smoothness, the Mio Carbon children’s wheelchair is always very easy to use in everyday life and therapy. The anatomical seat and back mouldings optimally stabilise the upright posture without hindering the child’s natural urge to move. And thanks to the flexibility of the seat-back system, the optimum shoulder drive wheel position for a fatigue-free gripping point can be set in just a few simple steps. As a result, the child trains their tone in a playful and completely unconscious way while in the wheelchair, exploring its environment with curious eyes.
At a glance
- Weight-optimised children’s active wheelchair for early intervention (from 12 months)
- Custom made for you
- Optimal adaptation to the needs of its users
- Seat plate, hollow back, active side parts and footplate made of ultra-light carbon
- Screws and other parts are partly made of highly stable aluminium instead of steel.
- Two frame variants: retro or bull frame with the greatest possible abduction
- Growing function in three dimensions
- Countless colour, fabric and equipment options
- Rigid aluminium frame with V-shaped abduction
- Growing function in seat width (2 cm), seat depth (min. 4 cm) and back height (5 cm)
- Frame variant bull or retro
- Back angle freely adjustable from 80-120°
- Easily and continuously adjustable seating position for active driving
- Aluminium seat plate for optimal pelvic support, with seat inclination on request
- Standard wheels, smooth-running wheels or profile wheels with integrated hand rims, each with quick-release axles, pneumatic tires or puncture-proof
- Cable brake integrated with the wheel protection
- Steering wheels with an aluminium fork in different versions
- Many different colour options: glossy, metallic, rough-textured and dormant
Optional equipment components
- Anatomically shaped seat and back mouldings
- Seat and back cushions in many different colours
- Height and angle adjustable push handles or push bars
- Hundreds of different spoke protector decors
- Outdoor front end and special tires