Available in 2 models, Adjustable Skin (AS) and Adjustable Skin & Positioning (ASP).
Optimised Pressure Distribution & Maximum Stability
The cushion allows the femurs, trochanters, and ischia to all be independently loaded. The fluid under the ischia is specifically engineered to reduce shear strain while The trochanteric bladders are filled with a stiffer version of Hydrolite for stability when moving and reaching.
Axiom’s Hydrolite is incredibly light, eliminating the “weight penalty” of other fluid cushions. Also, it’s less sensitive to temperature, so the fluid performs consistently regardless of how hot or cold the climate is.
The cushion base features a dense layer of reticulated foam under a layer of spacer fabric to allow air to flow. The foam base is a closed cell and designed with pathways that allow moisture to flow through and away from the body, maintaining a cooler and drier skin interface.
- Pleated 4-way super stretch Lycra cover to eliminate cover tension
- Microclimatic spacer fabric layer over reticulated foam comfort layer for airflow
- Structural Foam Base with Fluid reservoir channels allows for individual adjustment of fluid volume
- Bilateral Ischial Fluid inserts with more mobile fluid for shear reduction
- Independent Trochanteric fluid inserts, with stiffer fluid for stability
- Vents allow the cushion to adjust to changes in ambient pressure
Axiom cushions are pre-contoured to facilitate loading the trochanters, decrease ischial loading and improve lateral stability.
We cooperated with Georgia Tech to study actual pelvic dimensions and other human measurements. This was critical to designing the cushion’s contours so they properly fit the broad range of users.
Surface Tension Reduction
The ischial bladders rest directly under the outer layer of the cover. By using the super 4-way stretch Lycra outer cover material, surface tension is significantly reduced, providing better immersion.