Bariatric Shower Commode Rise N Tilt by Cobi-Rehab is a combination chair with a built-in lift and tilt function. It is the world’s first shower commode for bariatric users, lifting and tiling the user to a 30° degree. The shower commode has a weight capacity of 325 kg.
- Users with reduced muscle tone, pressure sores, spasm/involuntary movements.
- Users recovering after amputations and strokes.
- The Care Raiser function is unique, as it lifts the lower part of the user’s body to enable easy and discreet access for sensitive hygiene tasks.
- The high backrest and sturdy armrests provide optimum user support and security.
- The reclined position gives full access for the caregiver to most parts of the body and is very comfortable for the user.
Rise N Tilt has two different types of armrests. Classic armrests and armrests bending out like a butterfly, so the body doesn’t get squeezed, getting in and out the shower commode. The butterfly armrests of the Rise N Tilt also provide much better functionality for the user. Straight and short armrests can make it is almost impossible for a bariatric user to get a good grip.
Making tasks easier and safer
Bariatric Shower Commode Rise N Tilt provides better access for caregivers to hygiene, skin and tissue care. Nursing and dressing of feet may, for caregivers, take place in a standing position, thus achieving an ergonomically sound working position. The shower commode also allows the caregiver and the user to have eye contact. Better eye contact provides far better communication.
Improved and more efficient care
This shower commode raises the efficiency of care because it enables a single caregiver to perform the whole showering procedure and a wide range of everyday hygiene tasks. The high level of support provided by the shower commode results in streamlined routines. This means considerable time savings compared with traditional methods. Bariatric Shower Commode Rise N Tilt is designed to give bariatric users a comfortable and safe bathing experience. It can also be used where the user’s condition is poor with reduced postural control.
Enhancing quality of life
Bariatric Shower Commode Rise N Tilt can enhance the quality of life for a bariatric user by making assisted showering and other hygiene routines safer and more comfortable, and a more dignified experience.